Windows 10 is here and will be powering a billion devices shortly. The attendees will learn how to develop IoT applications that target Windows 10 IoT core, by developing on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and how to integrate the solution with Windows Azure.
In this presentation, Chris Briggs, who heads up IoT at SSW, will teach the attendees how to take advantage of the Universal Windows Platform. The familiar .Net platform now empowers developers do more with less work by building one solution across half a dozen hardware platforms.
The attendees will see a complete Universal app built, then deployed to a Raspberry Pi 2, finally expanded upon to read input from sensors and send to Azure.
With all emerging technologies there are a range of issues. Come hear Chris highlight the common pitfalls and issues to save you the smell of melting plastic.
The key subject areas that this presentation covers:
- Windows 10 IoT platform
- Windows Universal Platform app development
- Reading sensors data from the GPIO pins on the Pi via the Windows IoT extension SDK
- Sydney .NET User Group
- Pasted : 16/12/2015 - Sydney, Australia
- Canberra .NET User Group
- Pasted : 14/12/2015 - Canberra, Australia
- YOW! Connected 2015 Melbourne
- Pasted : 17-18/09/2015 - Melbourne, Australia
- QUT CODE
- Pasted : 10/09/2015 - Brisbane, Australia
Feel free to tweet me comments, feedback or questions to @ChrisBriggsy.